Welcome to Darkest Temptations
Home of the Dark side

The Fics found here are dark in nature, so please use caution when browsing for a story. Darkest Temptations does have adult content, so please be aware before entering. If you need help finding the right kind of "dark", just let us know. We will be more than happy to help.

Thanks for visiting.
Enter the Dark Side
Photobucket

Thursday, September 9

Izzy Rec's "Learning to Kneel" by Sneaky Snarky Subs


I have an awesome rec for you wonderful ladies and gents this week. I was recently prowling twitter and was in the mood for what I call "asshole" fics. Yup, you heard me. If you are studiously wondering what an "asshole" fic is, well, I'll tell you. It's where one of the main characters are assholes. 

I know, sounds awesome right? 

Well, the wonderful @Stitch_cat sent me a link to this beautiful story, well, beautiful to us dark h00rs that is, and I pounced on it. I deliver you....





By 

Summary: 
Bella finds herself ripped from her everyday life and specially selected and sold to Jasper Whitlock. Will she give in to him and his dark world in every way imaginable? Or will she resist and try to get back to her own? A/H Dark/Dominant/OOC

This is a collab piece by two lovely ladies, Siobhan2006 and Lady Blue Knight, and I must say they are doing a fantastic job. We love darksper here at the DT blog, since of course he is how this whole thing got started, so there was no doubt from the first two chapters that I would rec this story. It is only 4 chapters in, but I can tell this fic will quickly become one of my favorites. Hell, it already has, and the fun is just getting started. 

In my first review, I mentioned to them that I almost ALWAYS read a summary before I start in on a new fic. But I knew @Stitch_cat wouldn't let me down, so I jumped right in. I was blown away by what came next and couldn't put this story down. 

The first chapter has us meeting our heroin, or damsel if you will, Bella Swan *duh* We get to see how she lives her life from day to day. She's your normal college kid, going to school, working, etc, but then we have the end of the chapter where something very unexpected happens. This sets us up for the next few chapters leading us to meeting our "asshole" as we dub him, Jasper Whitlock

*This fact alone should be enough, but no, these ladies have more to suck you right in*

He is cold, unforgiving, and damn... smokin' hot. Sounds good right? Well, it is to us readers but not so much for Bella. Not when we find out what he wants from her and just what lengths he will go to go get it. *Trust me, it's not pretty for her, but it is for us, YAY* Bella quickly learns that her life will never be the same. She can never go back to being just a college girl, living an ordinary life. Why? 

Because Jasper now owns Bella. 

Yup, you heard me. Owns. If you want to see how and why, well... you'll just have to read it now won't you? 

This fic is terrifying to the normal person I guess, but for me, I was sucked in and wishing I was Bella. *But we all know I'm nuts* In just these four chapters, Bella goes through hell, with glimpses of what is to come. Things are expected of her from the el Diablo, as Bella dubs him. This very cold *but damn hot* man, who never raises his voice is going to break our girl into giving him what he wants. It's working too. 

*Insert school girl SWOON*

I think the fact that he never yells and always speaks in a commanding but quiet tone speaks volumes about him. He's so confident it hurts. It's brilliant how they use this one small feature to help sum up this man and is his mannerisms. There's no use in him yelling at her. He knows in the end, no matter how much Bella fights him, that he will get what he wants. These girls know their Darksper, that's fucking apparent. 

He does unspeakable things to our girl, some that would have you questioning my sanity *with good reason* on why he's so hot. These snarky women have flat out told us that he won't change. He's always going to be an asshole, but they also assured me that he has a nice side as long as Bella cooperates. That's so generous of them. lol The hard part is getting our girl to play along. 

I for one and in this for the long haul just because he's not going to change his ways.  

Now, I have rambled on and on about how awesome this fic is and how it was thrown into my life. It's your turn to run out and read this story. I can NOT praise it enough. I really can't. We have a shortage of "well written" Darksper fics in the fandom, and it is refreshing to see these girls leaping out on the ledge and dragging us with them with this fantastic story. 

GO... off with you. Read and review my lovelies. I promise you won't regret it. 

 On a side not here, I tweeted and asked if they had a banner for this story and didn't hear back from them, so I made one. *I might have been a little impatient with wanting to rec this* This is an unauthorized banner that neither have seen or approved. It's my gift to them for being so awesome and delivering me my ultimate obsession by way of Darksper. Enjoy.

*Not so patiently awaits update*


No comments:

Post a Comment