Welcome to Darkest Temptations
Home of the Dark side

The Fics found here are dark in nature, so please use caution when browsing for a story. Darkest Temptations does have adult content, so please be aware before entering. If you need help finding the right kind of "dark", just let us know. We will be more than happy to help.

Thanks for visiting.
Enter the Dark Side
Photobucket

Sunday, August 29

Kitten Recs "Snapped" by AngelGoddess1981



Summary: 
**One-Shot for the "Kill a Cullen" Contest** What happens when the most compassionate of the Cullens snaps? Rated M for dark themes and language. Canon Couplings...for a while...




This o/s was written for the Kill a Cullen Contest and I know it wasn't meant to be this way... but I’m a sick little kitty so it was frigging hysterical to me. I don't know what to say. It was dark, gloomy and full of me say oh no don’t.. too late... *laughs* But it was full of laughter for me. Again, I am a sick and twisted little kitty but Carlisle going postal and offing them all was epic.


“After years of traveling and learning more about his kind, he decided to become a doctor. He was particularly proud of the fact that he had never fed on the blood of humans – unless it was to save one of them – and even then, it was never about his survival, always theirs. If there had been any other way to save them, you'd better believe he would have tried.”


Doc in this light to me is getting to the end of the rope. The ends ase fraying and he isnt in a good place. But what can he do. He has a ghouse full of teenagers, who act like they are five and he snaps.


“Creating five immortal teenagers – one of which created one of his own to sate his century-long loneliness – was not the smartest thing he had ever done. The Volturi were definitely onto something with not allowing immortal children. "They should really consider expanding the law to include anyone under the age of twenty-one," Carlisle thought to himself with a chuckle.”


It again takes you to a frame of mind saying could it happen? Did he really just do that? It adds an element of surprise along with the satisfaction of saying yeah they deserved it. But really did that just happen.


Now as most all in the world of FanFic know its the variety, the unfamiliar and the unknown that strike you and get your attention. The humor aside this was a great read. The attention to detail, the progression of the decisions Carlisle makes and the ability to keep you in a frame of mine to kep reading is what we all love.


This is truly a fic I have saved and will ready many times... there is nothing like an overly cocky Emmett.. this is truly a great read so go now and get it done. Kittens orders.




Kitten Out...

1 comment:

  1. Okay, as the author of Snapped, I had to comment on this!

    Everything you said was spot on with what I was trying to accomplish. While, yes, Carlisle had completely lost his marbles, I didn't want this to be SCARY dark...I wanted those little elements of humour that made you laugh, and the cockiness of Emmett.

    This fic actually started out as a huge joke between my BFF and me while plotting out another fic. It was about Assward. Well, I said "omg, could you imagine if Carlisle just lost his shit and offed them all?" she laughed, and I continued on to list why all of them would deserve to go.

    I was going to put it off, and truthfully, had the Kill a Cullen Contest not come up, it would probably still be waiting in my doc of fic ideas. (yes, there's a whole doc :P)

    So, when I saw the contest, I messaged my BFF and she encouraged me the whole way. A little under a week later, "Snapped" was born.

    I truly appreciate the shout-out, and I am THRILLED you loved it!

    Thanks, bb!!

    xoxo,

    AngelGoddess1981

    PS: I have a blogger account, but for some reason I am being forced to leave an annon comment...

    I think I smell a fic where I kill Blogger next ;) JK!

    I'll friend you...and you can choose to do the same if you'd like :P

    ReplyDelete