Welcome to Darkest Temptations
Home of the Dark side

The Fics found here are dark in nature, so please use caution when browsing for a story. Darkest Temptations does have adult content, so please be aware before entering. If you need help finding the right kind of "dark", just let us know. We will be more than happy to help.

Thanks for visiting.
Enter the Dark Side
Photobucket

Tuesday, October 5


The Monster and I

By: beautifulyes


Hello again, my fellow lovers of all things dark, twisted, and delicious. Ooooh, and do I have a temptation for you this week. Allow me to thank my good pal HammerHips for sending my pervy, and ever-expanding, ass over to this one. Yes, for those of you that know her, she DID actually rec me an Edward fic, and yes, HELL REALLY DID freeze over.


But I warn you, as I’ve done before, this might not be for everyone. We have Darkdomward, we have rough smexin, and well, if I tell you any more of what we have, I’ll be giving all the good sh…er, stuff away.


The Summary: A darker romance. Searching for balance and trust, Edward and Bella negotiate a tangled web of sex, blood, secrets, kink, and demons from the past. NOT CANON-STYLE VAMPIRES. Very, very AU. Much lemons, violence, and dark and dominant Edward.


The first two chapters start of relatively tame, but I encourage you to read the set-up in them offered by beautifuleyes. Even though quite canon, the future is alluded to quite nicely in this paragraph:


"Why I haven't kissed you or . . . anything. When I'm close to you, when I'm, well, aroused"—he formed the word with difficulty—"it's like this monster wakes up inside of me and I want to, need to taste your blood. And it's worse. I get . . . violent, I guess. I feel like I have to exercise my power over you. Like I'm . . . compelled to do things to you, just to make sure that you really are mine." His voice grew rough and quiet as he spoke. "To mark you, to bend you to my will, to make you scream my name—in pain or pleasure, it wouldn't matter. I'd hurt you, I'd force you, I'd watch you beg, and I'd enjoy every fucking second of it." His whisper was almost a growl.


Beautifulyes gives us the frustratingly canon Edward fighting Bella’s not-so-subtle longing to jump his shark, but there is a COMPLETELY different reason for his hesitation to do so. We’re not talking Mr. Prude, 107-year-old-virgin, stick-up-his-ass Edward here. Nuh uh.

I hesitate to even give you a smidge of this fic, because every teaser I started to use, nearly every line in the first 7 chapters or so, just gives too much away. But in case you’re wondering about tone, or dynamic, or just need a little sumtim sumtin, I’ll give you this:


His grip on my forearm was tight and stiff as stone, and his tone was similarly hostile. "Time's up, love."


I felt anxious, but also strangely relieved that he had made the decision for me. I had to stay, right?


"Strip. Stay on the bed," he commanded simply and released my arm. As I slipped out of my tank top and pajama pants, he got out of bed and rantedas he rustled through my drawers.

"I think you do it on purpose. The blushing, the pouting, the cleavage-baring shirts that show off your neck like it's a goddamn steak dinner. You're trying to make me crazy. I think it's fucking fun for you to wiggle your ass against my cock at night and watch me nearly crack." He slammed the last dresser drawer closed, and turned to the pile of clothes nestled against the closet. "Begging me with your eyes to bite you, making yourself so wet I can smell your cunt from the next room. You know I'm suffering, and you love it. Don't you?"


I hadn't been doing anything of the sort. Had I? "I . . . um . . ."


"Shut up." He found his jeans from yesterday and pulled his belt out of the loops. "I don't want a fucking apology, I want justice. An eye for an eye, the simplest kind. You torture me, I torture you." He took the belt in both hands and snapped it with a startling thwack.


Oh God. No, he couldn't be. My stomach clenched in fear. Could I handle this?


I don’t know about you, but I’d like to handle…er, nevermind.


There is another part of this story, and that’s the father figure Carlisle and the mother figure Esme. After unsuccessful attempts at children of their own, they adopt a little boy from the hospital, Edward. But Edward isn’t like all little boys, and Carlisle’s fascination with what Edwards is threatens the nice and neat family that Esme, Edward, and he have become. Tormented by what’s happened in the past, but equally afraid of what now will be the future, this is a somewhat canon, but also quite different Carlisle. Oh, and if anyone’s looking for, um, a different spin on Esme? This just might be the fic to read.


I’ll warn you again about this fic. Dark? Yep. Twisted? Definitely. Disturbing? Hell yeah. It’s only fourteen chapters, and so far it says it’s incomplete. But believe me, that fourteenth chapter is a dooooozaaaaay.


Remember to leave beautifulyes some love with a review, even if it’s to say, “Holy ever-bloomin’ sheeeeyit, where did that come from?” I can almost guarantee you’ll say it at least once while reading this. Also, if there’s anything out there you think should be spotlighted here, drop me an email at foreveredwards7@gmail.com, or any of us gals here at DT.


Until next time, may your Darkest Temptations be served…


5 comments:

  1. Yes, hell DID freeze over. *snort* Excellent rec for a great fic. Well done, bb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds very intriguing - but it hasn't been updated in over 3 months. I hate investing in a fic that never finishes. Do you know if the author plans on finishing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey twificreader,

    Yeah, I get what you're saying. I did PM her, but haven't heard back. But I can say if you started reading and got to the last posted chapter, you wouldn't be tooooo dissatisfied where it leaves off, although it is a cliffie.

    I'll try to let you know if she PM's me back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update. It's good to know it as least has a good stopping point. I will add it to my list to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm beautifulyes! Thanks so much for recommending this -- it was just what I needed to remind me how much I loved writing it and want to finish. And yes, for those who are wondering, I WILL finish, and soon. There are only two chapters left, and both are in progress now. Anyone who likes can PM me on fanfiction, and I'll mail you when the last chapter goes up.

    ReplyDelete