Welcome to Darkest Temptations
Home of the Dark side

The Fics found here are dark in nature, so please use caution when browsing for a story. Darkest Temptations does have adult content, so please be aware before entering. If you need help finding the right kind of "dark", just let us know. We will be more than happy to help.

Thanks for visiting.
Enter the Dark Side
Photobucket

Tuesday, August 30

What's Cullen818 Reading?

Hello everyone! I feel like I haven't been here in dark ages!  My RL has been keeping me really busy and I've been remiss on my reading. But, now that summer vacations are over and the terrors are heading back to school I hope to get back into the swing of things because there are so many amazing stories out there that I can't wait to sink my teeth into. (Yes, I went there.)

As nuts as the past few months have been, I must admit there are three stories that still have me dropping everything to read. They are all very different and each one features a different Cullen man in his dark, frightening, troubled glory. I believe each one of them have been rec'd here by either me or one of my disturbingly beautiful blog cohorts, but they are all such fantastic pieces of brilliance that I didn't think it would hurt for me to revisit them and tell you why they own me. Also, in each story they are human which to me makes them even more scary then when they are vamps. Something about a flawed, dangerous, domineering man does it for me.

All three stories are deep and contain mature not so pretty themes, but if you're here reading what we're rec'ing we probably don't have to worry about that.I just wanted to mention it.



Carlisle/Bella
Edward/Bella

Summary - Bella worshiped Carlisle, so when he proposed she didn't think twice before accepting. But then she met Edward, her fiancé's half brother & the other part of her soul. Will they be able to survive the consequences of their betrayal?

Carlisle is the older dominating man in this story. He becomes enthralled with the beautiful, innocent young Isabella. He's intoxicated by the very presence of her and is high on the way he makes her feel. She looks up to him and worships him and while he knows it would be much easier to walk away from the very beginning, he can't.

Let's just say, I'm glad he didn't run in the opposite direction because then we would be denied this brilliant story. This is a slow building plot. The writing is flawless and will draw you in from the very beginning. As anxious as I am to see exactly how Bella and Carlisle got to where they are when the story begins, the flashbacks are just as intriguing. Learning Carlisle's back story explains so much and I think it'll end up being the key to everything.


Jasper/Bella

Summary - Bella finds herself ripped from her everyday life and specially selected and sold to Jasper Whitlock. Will she give in to him and his dark world in every way imaginable? Or will she resist and try to get back to her own? A/H Dark/Dominant/OOC

Oh Jasper!  Its not only Bella you scare in this story. I find myslef terrified of him after every chapter. He's chilling and menacing, but I always manage to see that signature smirk coming through in the writing.

This story simmers to the point of eruption!  I can't take it anymore!  And, believe that's a good thing. A good writer always leaves you wanting more and SneakySnarkySubs delivers with every chapter. This is by far my ALL TIME favorite Jasper and I like to think I know Jasper. lol

Learning To Kneel is a process that can't be rushed. The authors are setting an epic story line and you can feel the emotion and character development in every sentence. Nothing is happening by accicent here. Each installment is well thought out and you just know its all going to climax out of control! God help me when it does!




Fold Your Wings by Jadalulu
Edward/Bella

Summary -"The liberties he assumes with my body should enrage me, anger me beyond my own sanity. But its just not that simple." Encounters born of need. Consequences neither saw coming.

Umm, yeah!  This one is EXPLOSIVE! When you first start out you may find yourself saying, "What the hell wis Bella thinking?" But through the amazing writing, you'll see desperate people, do desperate things and sometimes life takes us places we never would've imagined. I never would've imaged feeling the way I do about this Edward now that the story has really moved forward.

I don't believe I've ever read a more troubled version of Edward and now that the certain plot twists are being revealed I find myself totally getting where he was coming from. This fic is deep and isn't for the faint of heart. Its not a love story and you won't feel warm and fuzzy after reading it.  But, its thought provoking and always leaves me wanting more. My twisted little mind has me holding out for hope too! I hope I get it. ;)

***

Well, that's all I got for today. If you're reading something deliciously dark and you'd like to see it rec'd here, leave me a comment and tell me what it is about that particular story that won't let go.


No comments:

Post a Comment