Welcome to Darkest Temptations
Home of the Dark side

The Fics found here are dark in nature, so please use caution when browsing for a story. Darkest Temptations does have adult content, so please be aware before entering. If you need help finding the right kind of "dark", just let us know. We will be more than happy to help.

Thanks for visiting.
Enter the Dark Side
Photobucket

Friday, October 8

Dark Delectables With Edward's Chipper

Photobucket

Helllloooo, my twisted sistahs who share the same pervy proclivities as me. Do I EVAH have a treat for you. This week, I give you my first-ever special segment and as you can tell by the title *points up*, I’m spotlighting YOUR favorite moments in YOUR favorite Dark fics. But an even bigger treat, for those of you who fangirl over her work, like me *pause for squeeee* not only was I able to uncover, unearth, and yes, even disinter one of my favorite dark authors for this segment, but I also somehow, someway convinced her to join the insanity and participate! I would be speaking of a Queen of the Dark, Mistress of Mayhem, Temptress of the Tawdry, our own Raggdoll of Twilight!

WooFuckingHooo!


This will be a regular monthly segment here on Darkest Temptations, and I am humbled and honored to have her as the first author to join us.


Now the gist (I said gist) of the segment is to have you, our blogfans, tell us your favorite moment in any of her fics, but since this is the first-ever segment, I had to do a little research. I also couldn’t waste the opportunity to dig for a leeeeetle bit more info on what else is going on in such a deliciously dark and twisted mind. So first, I sent four initial questions straight to Raggdolly. But then I asked three of her biggest fans and most eloquent review whores, to pick their favorite moment from one her fics, and asked Raggdolly to answer this centuries-old question:


Where in the name of sparkly peen
did you come up with this scene?


Since I think this will be the longest post in blog history, let’s get right to the, uh, meat of it then, shall we? Lisamichelle17, ohmyitsv, and GothicTemptress were so wooed by my captivating (read “begging”) email, they agreed to share their favs:


lisamichelle17 picked Ch. 8: The Temperament of Wild Animals - House of the Horde

In that moment of his blunt dismissal he cut the last string of calmness that I had been grasping onto. It was a stupid idea, I knew it but I couldn't help it. I was unsure of the outcome but I was driven by my impulse to act. I felt careless, exhausted, and angry as I made for the metal pitcher on the table that once held the blood he drank. I reached for the handle and readied to tilt the liquid into my glass, but firm, cold fingers clenched around my wrist.

He squeezed.

Hard.

“In this scene, Edward, is fighting with Bella. Bluntly said, he is torturing her. We don't know about this Edward. Truly, we don't. He adds a lot of mystery. He is strong. He cannot stand that he can read Bella's mind. This is my favorite moment for many reasons:

1) Edward has always been able to read peoples minds. In the first time in his life he cannot read Bella at all.

2) Edward has never wanted Bella's blood than anyone in his life. Imagine how hard it is for him to resist her blood.

3) Edward has never loved someone. Never.”


Raggdolly’s Response:

I was not expecting that to be someone’s favvy scene. How crazy. Haha.

Motivation for that scene was wanting to showing Edward’s and Bella’s persistence. She wanted more water, he said no, she went for it anyway, and he “corrected it”. I think it was the only way to keep these specific characteristics intact for these two. They’re both strong-willed and are very much opposing forces that will collide later on in the story. This scene is only the start of more to come.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Ohmyitsv picked Chapter 5: A Human Counterpart – Lions Eat Lambs

Edward released his grip on her, causing her to fall to the ground harshly. She clutched at her neck, coughed, and gasped for air.

"What is it that you're proposing?" he asked.

Through her tears and shrunken windpipe she spoke groggily. "I'll never be able to out run you, but it doesn't help that I had high heels when you sent me out here."

I can barely walk in them in the first place…

"Why do you want to prolong the inevitable?"

"You're scared," Bella coughed.

Edward ground his teeth together. How dare this insignificant being say that he is scared. What would he be frightened of?

"You're making a big mistake," he said. "Do you think it wise to play with a vampire?"

"No," Bella straightened up, "but it's funny as hell."

He considered her offer for a moment and searched her thoughts, but found nothing. The only lingering notion was that of a fair fight and delaying death. She wanted time.

"I will agree to your proposal. I'm feeling full for the night, anyhow. You require shoes?"

My shoes…

"And water," Bella added. Her eyes trailed to the body of Angela but she looked away quickly.

"Then you shall have it." Edward approached her again, backing her into the same tree. "But I want you to know, that when I find you tomorrow night, you will bleed slowly. I have a special room for those that want to delay their death, and it will know you," he hissed. "I will bathe in your blood and spit on your ashes."

He spat his venom-rich saliva in her face. She wiped the poison away quickly, knowing that the burn on her skin was unnatural.

"I do love a good fight, and you'll make things interesting, won't you? Tomorrow," he whispered. "I will enjoy finding you tomorrow."

“Reading this part, I had a 'what the fuck' kind of moment. I didn't expect this from Bella, much less Edward accepting these terms. Raggdolly really turns the tables here on us. I was at the edge of my seating, thinking, "Oh god, what did she just do?! She's dealing with a fucking vampire, for fuck's sake!" Bella stands up to Edward, saying, "Are you afraid that you're going to lose if you play fair?" a stupid and reckless move, and instantly became my hero in that moment. I love strong Bellas, and this is one of them. Cause, really, who in their right mind would challenge a vampire? Certainly not me!



It's in this moment that Bella decides that playing Edward's game may be her only survival. This is when the game truly became human versus vampire.

This very moment is the one of the essences of Horror. You don't know what's going to happen to you; if you're going to die in some horrific way or not, when you absolutely want to live. Bella doesn't know if she's going to live or die. It's easily depicted in movies, not so much in writing, but Raggdolly did a fantastic job, bring this nightmarish story to live with her amazing explicit descriptions and awesomely grotesque storytelling.”


Raggdolly’s Response:


I’ll be the first one to admit that Bella makes a lot of dumb decisions in this story. I mean a lot! It’s like she’s missing the “gut instinct” that every woman is born with. There are some times that I wanted to smack her, and I don’t think I’m the only one. But the one thing she did right was challenge Edward in his own game. While most of what she has done so far has shown her flaws and her weaknesses, I wanted to also show her strengths; the ability to survive and think quickly. That’s what motivated this scene.


Mocking him wasn’t the greatest thing to do, but sometimes it’s how people drown out the seriousness of a situation, it’s how they survive. If it wasn’t for her wanting to extend the hunt then the story would have ended with Bella here.


I’m glad she said that it’s when the hunt truly became human versus vampire because that’s the absolute truth. Sometimes the vampire doesn’t always win the fight… or does he?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


GothicTemptress picked: The End of Lions Eat Lambs *Spoiler Alert*

"And what about him?" Jasper said as his eyes fell on the shaking man on the couch.

"Oh, him?" The man knew he was talking about. "You don't need to worry about him." He dropped his hands from the curtains and turned to Jasper.

His right-eye seemed to glow in the surrounding darkness, taking in the little light that was available and firing it back into the void. His other eye was shut off to the world by a patch that strapped around his head.

Somewhere in the room, a ticking clock counted the seconds that passed between the two men.

There was something unusual about this man, a strange vibe that he emitted, telling Jasper that he was in danger.

"You are in no danger," the man said, as if confirming. "I do not wish to kill you. In fact, it would be counter-productive since you have information that I need."

“Lion Eats Lamb is one of my favorite Dark Fics. It's a story that still haunts me months after reading it. My favorite part is the end. The end scared me the most, knowing that he saw her location in Jasper's mind, and then the rest is left up to us to worry over.”


Raggdolly’s Response:

Omg, spoilers! *covers everyone’s eyes*

I’m just kiddin’.

Lions Eat Lambs was my favorite story to write thus far, and the end was especially fun.

What motivated this scene was nothing more than the want/need to find the perfect voice between the characters. Before I even started writing the story, I thought about the end so much, wondering what would be the best non-resolution for them. The dialogue changed constantly, and finally after a period of time it came out. I don’t think it ended how people expected it to, and that’s good. It was always my intention to leave it open to the reader to decide what happens. I know what I would want to happen, and had every intention of writing an epilogue to bring some closure to the story, but it wouldn’t end there. I don’t think there is an end for these characters that would satisfy anyone. So it is what it is.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Muwahaha!

But I couldn’t let Raggdolly go without digging into her skull just a little further, for my own twisted purposes yes, but always with the fans of DT in mind. So I gave her just a few other questions to answer:


Where do you get the ideas for your fics? Out of the blue? Family members? Nightmares? Alcohol?

Gah, I wish I could say alcohol; it’d give me an excuse for those bottles of wine… anyways! Lions Eat Lambs came out of the blue. It’s inspired by The Most Dangerous Game by Richard Connell, but writing it and wanting to put a version into fan-fiction was a very random thought. The idea for House of the Horde came to me while I was cleaning the kitchen and listening to Rob Zombie’s Living Dead Girl and it started much darker than what it is now. But I’ve had other stuff come to me while I’m sitting outside waiting to pick up my kids from the bus. So, anything really.


What do you love most about writing Dark? i.e. the ability to manipulate characters, going to the darkside in general, etc.

It’s not just dark fic, but the horror of real-life that fascinates me. Serial killers, phobias, psychological disorders; things like this aren’t touched on quite as much as first love or a first kiss is in fan-fic, especially in this fandom. I love writing horror because I can incorporate elements into it that I wouldn’t be able to with a romantic-comedy. I mean, I love being scared, I think we all do. Feeling my heart race and my hair stand up on end makes me feel alive. Dark fic allows me the chance to elicit those emotions from other people, and it’s nice to share my love of the paranormal. I understand that I write for a very small part of the Twilight community but I love it.


What one character thrills you to your bones to take to the darkside?

Definitely Edward. I like pushing Bella over the edge every once in a while too, and when I finish House of the Horde and start posting it again we’ll get to see some of that.


Would you like to share anything new that you’re working on/going to post?

Well, there really isn’t anything to share because I’m on hiatus right now. I haven’t had much time to sit down and actually write without interruption, but I am working on my contribution for the Fandom Gives Back. I teamed up with Nitareality and Luna Starfire and we offered three re-told Grimm tales at the bidder’s choosing.

I have the honor of re-telling Hansel and Gretel and I’m really, really excited about sending it to Shamatt and Javamomma (the winners of the auction) so they can read it, and eventually everybody else too. I also really wanted to work on a short multi-chapter story for Halloween that involves real life events. No vampires, no werewolves… true things that go bump in the night. I don’t know if that will be done by Halloween though, as I still have a lot on my plate right now but we’ll see. I don’t even have a name for it yet. I can say that Edward and Bella are newlyweds and they move into their dream house, at least they think it’s their dream house until items start disappearing, glasses shatter, doors slam without anyone near them, and they suddenly realize that they aren’t the only inhabitants. I’m crossing my fingers that I’ll be able to finish this.


Ooooooh. Ok, would it help if we got down on our collective DT knees and begged? Maybe? Who’s with me? *looks around*


Err…we’ll work on that later.


But now that everyone’s head is about to explode, or you’re blinded from reading the screen for so long, we’ll wrap up this inaugural segment of Dark Delectables That Made You Say Daaaamn. Thanks to Raggdoll of Twilight, and our review whores lisamichelle17, GothicTemptress, and ohmyitsv for their scintillating scene suggestions!


Oh, and Raggdolly wanted to say: Thank you so much for the favorite scenes! I enjoyed all the takes on them!


If any of you pervs would like to offer up your favorite dark author, and the moment from their fic that made you say, “Where in the name of sparkly peen did you come up with that scene?” hit me with an email at foreveredwards7@gmail.com. Cuz if I have to go all stalkergirl on your asses, it ain’t gonna be pretty. ;)


‘Til next time, may your Darkest Temptations be served…


2 comments:

  1. @RaggdollofTwilight Dude, I'm with Chipper on this one. The DT staff begs for this!!!

    @EdwardsChipper You rock my world with your pervy insight. I love you and this segment. You rocked it sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks boss. I'm learning from the BESTEST!

    ReplyDelete