Welcome to Darkest Temptations
Home of the Dark side

The Fics found here are dark in nature, so please use caution when browsing for a story. Darkest Temptations does have adult content, so please be aware before entering. If you need help finding the right kind of "dark", just let us know. We will be more than happy to help.

Thanks for visiting.
Enter the Dark Side
Photobucket

Tuesday, June 7

Cullen818 Recs Beautiful Sorrow


Carlisle/Bella
Edward/Bella


Summary - Bella worshiped Carlisle, so when he proposed she didn't think twice before accepting. But then she met Edward, her fiancé's half brother & the other part of her soul. Will they be able to survive the consequences of their betrayal?

I found one of those fics again that has taken a hold of me and won't let go!  These updates literally bring me to tears because they're that well written. When you read Beautiful Sorrow
you feel like this is someones RL. It's one of those stories where I'm so ensconced in the words that I absolutely forget I'm reading a Twific. I see the characters faces, but I'm transported so much deeper than just Edward/Bella/Carlisle. I'm totally lost in the story and I care about these characters.

So, why did I chose it for this blog?  Carlisle...

I think we all know how I feel about him. Out of all the Twilight men, no one affects me more than the Cullen patriarch when he's written dark and domineering. As I said before, he doesn't have to be a vampire to scare me. There's something about an older, controlling, domineering, rich man that does it for me. Now, I'm not saying I'd want this particular version of him to be my man, but he's captivating to read.
Carlisle is clearly  the villain in this story and it works. There's a history that's scratching the surface between him and his young wife and I can't wait to see how they ended up here.When Bella met him, she was so taken by him I don't think she could possibly have imagined what was coming. We haven't met Edward yet, but from what I gather from the summary, his introduction will be quite explosive.

The fic is only six chapters in and we've gotten snip its of the back story, but the tension building is incredible. I wait on the edge of my seat for the next update. I swear I'm going to wait until its finished before I'll read because I'm so obsessed with learning what's going to happen next, but I can't wait. The writing, the build-up and the details that go into this plot are so intriguing that I have to read as soon as its updated.

Can you tell I like this one?



No comments:

Post a Comment