Welcome to Darkest Temptations
Home of the Dark side

The Fics found here are dark in nature, so please use caution when browsing for a story. Darkest Temptations does have adult content, so please be aware before entering. If you need help finding the right kind of "dark", just let us know. We will be more than happy to help.

Thanks for visiting.
Enter the Dark Side
Photobucket

Friday, July 8

Author Interview



I was honored to recommend Edward Cullen: Confessions of a Serial Killer by SoapyMayhem this Tuesday. She was kind enough to do a quick interview for me.

Tell us a little about yourself.

Well, I am twenty-six years old, married, but no kids - a self-proclaimed geek and a huge perv. Which is why if you’ve read my other fiction, you know I have a wide array of story genre that I write in ranging from fluff, angst, smut, crime and horror. I love it all; I’ve even made plans to thrown a little sci-fi in the mix for good measure. I get my fair share of readers, though I believe most people in the fandom are more familiar with the graphic design work I do making banners and things over on TwiFicPics.com where I am a Correspondent and Moderator. I love the Twilight fandom and I hope it continues to thrive for years to come.

What made you decide to begin writing Fan Fiction?

My husband had been encouraging me to write for a few months, and I always brushed him off. I had never attempted any kind of fictional writing other than what was assigned to me in English classes throughout my time in school. I had no idea how much I would love it. It was about a year ago when I began writing a Twific inspired by a movie I watched. I could easily see Bella and Edward in the characters, but I had no idea where to start. With a lot of encouragement, I sat down and typed out four chapters in three days for my husband to read. I was nervous as hell, but he really liked it and pushed me to try to write something original. Now I can’t imagine not writing. My biggest regret is that I didn’t start sooner.

Your story involves a very dark Edward - what made you want to write him this way?

I am a firm believer that there is someone out there for everyone. I wanted to explore the idea of someone like my Serial Killer Edward finding his true mate and learning that even he is capable of love. My Edward was totally inspired by Dexter Morgan. Though, unlike Dexter, Edward has the advantage of having people in his life that he can trust with his secret. So far, Carlisle is the only one to ever see the monster inside and even though he made Edward what he is, like Dr. Frankenstein, he was unable to face his creation. Bella will be the only one who can embrace the darkness and accept him as a whole - darkness and all.

What about the canon Edward did you build on to create this character?

My Serial Killer Edward is very much like Canon Edward in his rebellious years - killing the monsters and dregs of society. Though he can’t read minds to confirm his victims are guilty, he has his ways of getting proof. Blood plays a big part in both Edward’s lives, in that they both need it to survive. And of course like Canon Edward, my Edward is doomed to love Bella for the rest of his life.

I like that you built Bella as scarred as he...and seemingly perfect for his character. What made you decide to write her this way?

When I was developing Bella, I thought about the kind of woman Edward might need and what reasons she might have to even be willing to contemplate accepting someone like him. You’ll learn quickly that Bella has had a bad experience in her past that has changed her irrevocably. It has affected her art, her health, and her relationships with the male population in general. She sees the darkness in the world, and Edward is someone who is actively trying to eliminate that darkness.

What are some of your favorite FF stories?

I do love those stories that deal with forbidden relationships. Like a significantly older Edward with a young naïve Bella, or relationships with the boss, or a student and teacher. When the UST is finally resolved, well it gets me every time.

Who is(are) your favorite author(s)?

Magnolia822, Savage7289, CaraNo, and rbsschess are my current favorites

Do you have any advice to those who are just starting out in the FF world?

Gosh, I suppose the important thing to remember is that it’s just for fun.

Do you have any plans to write any more dark stories? If so, please share some details!

I am so glad you asked me this! I mentioned earlier that I love a good forbidden relationship, well I am currently developing a D/S romance between an older Edward and a young impressionable Bella. I don’t think it will be as dark as Confessions of a Serial Killer, but it will be dark and dirty for sure.

Here is a sampling of SoapyMayhem's stories:

Behind Closed Doors: To their families, Edward Masen, and Bella Volturi hate each other. Their secret relationship isn’t the only thing they are hiding. Rated for explicit Lemons and Violence.

Edward Cullen: Confessions of a Love Sick Geek: Edward is a geeky comic book writer who has been secretly in love with his best friend Bella for years. When Bella and her boyfriend break up, Edward devises a plan to make her see him as more than a friend. Can Bella see beyond the Geek? Fluffy/Lemony.

Losing It: After years of saving herself for that one special guy only to have him turn her down, Bella is on a mission to lose her virginity. Can the lucky guy she chooses hang on to her, or will he lose everything in her game? High School – Eventual lemons.

Rock Star: “My job was to film her rise to fame. Falling in love wasn’t part of the plan.” Edward is commissioned by his brother to film his new protégé’s rise to stardom. Bella isn’t too happy with the arrangement.

Love Tokyo Style: Edward, a lonely executive on a business trip in Japan, is encouraged to loosen up and enjoy the city. Will he find a cure for the monotony in an uninhibited punk he meets in a Karoke Bar?

Violaine: After a bad break-up Bella needs a temporary distraction. She finds it in a mysterious masked man at her college Halloween party. What began as a means to distraction, left Bella with more than she bargained for. No names. No faces.

A Higher Power: Sister Swan is disappointed when she is forced to confiscate
marijuana from her favorite student. What happens when she goes to Father Cullen to ask for his mercy?

Undisclosed Desires: Five years into her marriage, photojournalist Bella is worried that she isn’t enough for her bi-sexual husband. Can a meeting with a mysterious street artist allow them both to fulfill their undisclosed desires?

Misfits: Several juvenile delinquents are forced to do community service together. When a freak lightning storms gives them all superpowers they are forced to stick together, no matter how much they hate each other. Misfits plot crossover.

VISIT HER ON HER FAN FICTION SITE:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2387132/SoapyMayhem

1 comment: