Welcome to Darkest Temptations
Home of the Dark side

The Fics found here are dark in nature, so please use caution when browsing for a story. Darkest Temptations does have adult content, so please be aware before entering. If you need help finding the right kind of "dark", just let us know. We will be more than happy to help.

Thanks for visiting.
Enter the Dark Side
Photobucket

Tuesday, July 26

Different Worlds...




Ello my naughty little puppets! Kitten here and I come to bring you something a wee bit different today. In light of recent events I wanted to shed a prospective with you all. As an author of dark fics, I feel it necessary to tell you why I do as I do.

There really are many methods to my madness. I write to relieve frustrations and to let my anger out. That’s not to say I have anger issues often but meh, I am human. I have a full time job that keeps crazy hours and makes me nutty at times. Writing is a passion of mine has been since I was a kid. It also happens to be an escape for me in ways other things can’t help. That may not make sense to some, I have had people ask me, “Why don’t you do something creative with your time?”

Writing is creative. Writing is like opening a doorway to an unknown planet. Its my way of saying hey I can be this person, I can do this. Its not like just talking to someone or sewing. Do I see my nana reading what I write or even liking it? Um, hell no but what I love to read and to write isn’t for everyone. I write what I like and I love what I write. I can do fluffy.. I don’t think fluffy is bad its just not my thing all the time.

My writing... its cryptic, sadistic but yet defined. To me there is nothing wrong with my fics as my definition of “dark” is not the same as others. My writing style is not like others, my characters are not like others. This is what sets writers of different genres apart. Even within the same genre no two authors are going to write alike. This is what makes it so interesting. The “hunt for the unknown” is why we do it.

There are MANY of the authors in this fandom I call friends. They have helped me from day one. We all know that JaspersIzzy and Cullen818 are the reason I am here and doing what I am doing now. Without them there would be no me. So I ask all that maybe against the “Dark Fics” keep in mind that this is our passions as writers to bring to life a world unlike any other. Yes we may use real life events in our fics but does that mean we condone or support them? No.

I can say for myself that due to my own real life issues I have had fics there that showed me I wasn’t alone. 9 out of every 10 people you will meet have a skeleton in their closet. It may not be one you will ever hear about but it is there. I have had many PM’s and even reviews on a few of my fics that deal with sensitive materials. I always warn about the violence or sensitive themes of my fics. If heavy subject matter bothers you its okay to not read it. But if you chose to read it and don’t like it, why take it out on me? Just step away and don’t return.





After recent events JaspersIzzy posted on the blog what we were feeling, our honest reactions and those of others. I know we all see eye to eye sometimes on these matters but as a family, and DT is just that, we made the effort to show our support for our passion. And I want to share with you a comment I made in private emails to them about said subject matter. I have nothing to hide as all that know me know I fave no filter and I don’t mind sharing.


[[Anything you do "in the public eye" is going to get you bad press at sometime. You have to keep your head up and not let it bother you. Shit happens and people should move on.

They have to understand we are real people, with real feelings and that we have a freedom of choice. We all make choices in our daily lives that are good or bad. Mistakes will be made as to error is human. We can't keep a constant focus on the bad. You have to look at the whole picture.

As I myself have written fics that endure a few "sore subjects" but they were based off Real life events and I had had a few negative comments but the positive side of it its actually helped a few people move on from a similar problem. I feel blessed to be in a fandom where my sadistic and not so normal side can be projected.

Izzy had a chance to read something I wrote years ago. Ofcourse it sucks and has to be completely redone now that I think I know how to write but even then I had a twisted side. Our freedoms are letting us be ourselves. There is a closet stalker, lover, fighter and blood hungry crazy person inside us all. We just choose to put our thoughts on paper as the ones that should be ridiculed are on the streets and doing this sadistic shit to real people.]]

We have to remember what doesn’t hurt us makes us stronger and as a fandom the size we are we need to fight for our freedoms and our right to do as we see fit. We all dance the dance but can we all walk the walk? If it isn’t for you that is fine. I will not judge you for not wanting to read my fics, I will be open minded and carry on as a good little kitten I am and spread my darkness to others...

Kitten Out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment